[Asterisk-Users] "403 Forbidden" between two softphones on same Asterisk

Tor Houghton torh at bogus.net
Wed Jun 2 02:25:26 MST 2004

Hi,

I have two softphones connected to an Asterisk "stable". I have two
extensions, say 1000 and 2000. When 1000 calls 2000, the call cannot be
completed; the softphone (either Diax97a , SJphone, Firefly 1.8) on
extension 2000 will ring, but as soon as the call is picked up, extension
2000 will hang up the call.

The softphone on 1000 (SIP, SJphone, e.g.) will give a "403 Forbidden"
result, while a Diax97a on the same extension will just report "Call
disconnected by remote".

The same is not true when 2000 calls extension 1000. Extension 1000 will
ring, and is also able to pick up.

Extension 2000 can also call external parties (routed through another
Asterisk box), but again, external parties cannot call extension 2000 (they
can call extension 1000, however!).

I'm confident that I've made a mistake, but I just don't know where.

Anyone have any ideas?

Tor