[Asterisk-Users] PCI 2.2 ??

Charlie Hedlin charlie at hedlin.com
Fri Jun 4 13:30:41 MST 2004

tmassey at obscorp.com wrote:

> asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote on 05/28/2004 03:51:02 PM:
>
> > Dear users:
> >
> > I have bought TDM04B card and it works in PCI 2.2 ver. slot.
> > How can I check if specific mother board support PCI 2.2 ver.
> > I do not have any documentation for that motherboard.
>
> The easiest way is to look at the chipset.  All Intel chipsets before
> the 8xx series (810, 820, etc.) do *not* support PCI 2.2.  That means
> most systems with Intel chipsets and CPU's under 800MHz will not
> support them.
>
> Tim Massey

What is it about these cards that Digium is pushing the v2.2 for?  I
know PCI 2.2 was primarily a clarification release (this from the PCI
group) and doesn't seem to offer much other than OPTIONAL 3.3v
signalling, and I notice the card is universal.

On the other hand, I put my TDM11B in my old 440FX Dual PPro (PCI 2.1)
system and it works like a champ, so your milage may vary.

Charlie Hedlin