[Asterisk-Users] Some (lack of) answers regarding the wakeup call application...

Rob Fugina robf at geekthing.com
Tue Jun 1 11:56:45 MST 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 06:54:02PM +0300, Apollon Koutlides wrote:
> Rob Fugina wrote:
> >It has occurred to me that the two AGI scripts could be rewritten as real
> >compiled asterisk applications, but then it always hits me that without
> >some kind of cron-line built-in scheduler, or changes to the outgoing
> >call queueing that would allow a call to be scheduled for the future,
> >there would still be that external cron-driven shell script.  Ugly.
> >

> Actually, there's no need for anything like that. Set the file's
> modification time to the value you require, and watch asterisk do all
> the dirty work for you.

Sounds like a race condition to me...  Creating the file, then modifying
the timestamp to a future time, hoping that * doesn't grab it away in
the mean time...  I'll look further into this one, though...

Rob

--
Rob Fugina, Systems Guy
robf at geekthing.com -- http://www.geekthing.com

Beware programmers carrying screwdrivers.