[Asterisk-Users] Some (lack of) answers regarding the wakeup call application...

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jun 1 12:37:39 MST 2004

> Sounds like a race condition to me...  Creating the file, then modifying
> the timestamp to a future time, hoping that * doesn't grab it away in
> the mean time...  I'll look further into this one, though...

create the file in /tmp, modify the mtime, then move it...

andrew at wanderer:~$ date
Tue Jun  1 15:37:09 EDT 2004
andrew at wanderer:~$ touch -d 20040101 /tmp/blah
andrew at wanderer:~$ mv /tmp/blah .
andrew at wanderer:~$ ls -l blah
-rw-r--r--    1 andrew   users           0 Jan  1 00:00 blah
andrew at wanderer:~$