[Asterisk-Users] Astricon Conference Call?

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Thu Jul 29 10:13:20 MST 2004

All you need is enough bandwidth to upstream one good signal, the users on
this list willing to donate bandwidth and equipment can then redistribute it
to the others. I don't think Dial up is a very good idea, but having access
to a shared T1 or even wireless internet access may be a possibility.

Another thing you could do is use a regular phone to call into a DID and
enter the conference, then everybody can join that conference and listen. No
bandwidth required, just a phone call to the distributor's Asterisk server.
Then just keep that phone near the person speaking, like a microphone.