[Asterisk-Users] "Broadcasting" Calls?

Jerry Glomph Black asterisk-users at glomph.com
Tue Jul 27 19:11:32 MST 2004

Some months ago I built a web-based tool that does basically what Brian
described.   One annoying weakness in this is that when you have Asterisk do an
N-way dialout, some of the connections will INEVITABLY hit somebody's chatty
voicemail tree.   Which can trash the conf-call for everybody else.

My "solution" was to put each newly-connected call into a loop with an
announcement stating "Hit the one key to join the conference", with a brief
keystroke timeout.   This is a bit icky, but works.