[Asterisk-Users] Local voice feedback

Dennis Cartier dennis.cartier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 12:57:08 MST 2004

In a new asterisk installation, we are having difficulty with a users
own voice being either too loud to themselves or distorting in their
ear peice. The far end voice sounds fine from both sides, but the
asterisk user  is distracted by their own voice.

This is the same for hard phones on Digium FXS ports as well as SIP
phones on GS ATA-286's.

I am not sure if this is the much talked about echo situation. I tend
to think not. We have enabled most of the echo cancellation options
(echocancelwhenbridged, echo training, etc.).

I attempted to lower the TX gain and raise the RX gain on the FXO
ports hoping that this would help to balance things, but it does not
seem to help.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Dennis