[Asterisk-Users] "Broadcasting" Calls?

Brian McManus astbiz at mynetworkplaces.com
Tue Jul 27 14:42:35 MST 2004

Jeff Maki wrote:

> Hey Everybody:
>
> Asterisk is really cool, first off! I'm impressed!
>
> Anyway, I'm working on a design project funded in part by the National
> Science Foundation, and part of the project requires a system that
> callers can call in, and talk to other "teams". That part is easy with
> Asterisk. The hard part is this: the system must also allow one to
> call the system and talk to all teams at once. My question for you is:
> how can I have somebody call in, then have the system call a list of
> numbers (i.e. the other teams) and play to them what the caller is
> saying?

You could write an AGI file, or a call file to bridge multiple
conference rooms of teams?  How are you planning to have a caller call
in and talk to his team or another team, just a conference room?

What I would do is, create a .call file to join that person to a
conference room, and then .call files to join the 20 other team members
in to that same conference room.  Information on auto dialing and the
.call file is available at :
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-print.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out

I've used .call files to bridge about 40 people in to a single
conference call (all using IP lines.)  However you can have asterisk
".call" PSTN numbers, or devices connected to your FXS lines, and
automatically bridge them to your conference room.  With AGI, you could
even play a prompt saying "Team member "Brian" is joining you to his
global/team xxx conference room.

Brian