[Asterisk-Users] "Broadcasting" Calls?

Jeff Maki jmaki at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 27 12:52:24 MST 2004

Hey Everybody:

Asterisk is really cool, first off! I'm impressed!

Anyway, I'm working on a design project funded in part by the National
Science Foundation, and part of the project requires a system that callers
can call in, and talk to other "teams". That part is easy with Asterisk.
The hard part is this: the system must also allow one to call the system
and talk to all teams at once. My question for you is: how can I have
somebody call in, then have the system call a list of numbers (i.e. the
other teams) and play to them what the caller is saying?

If that isn't possible, can I have the caller record a sound, then play
that to the other teams all at once (or one at a time)?

I see there are modules pbx_wilcalu and pbx_spool that look like they might
do something of the sort, but I can't find any docs on this--I can create a
new module if there isn't any functionality to do something like this, as
I'm a programmer, too, but I'm trying to avoid duplicating work already
done...

Thanks for a cool product and your help,

-Jeff.