[Asterisk-Users] Nat...again....

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 19:46:22 MST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:14:51 +0000, Mark Woods <asteriskadmin at fuse.net> wrote:
> This has probably been answered somewhere, but I'm stumped.
>
> I have two Zap channels (FXS and FXO), both working fine.  I
> can call from Zap/1 to Zap/2 and reverse.
>
> I've also configured SIP channels, both inside and outside of my
> firewall.  Inside can call outside, and outside can call inside.
> Also, both inside and outside can make and receive calls to/from
> Zap/1 & Zap/2.
>
> What doesn't work, and makes no sense to me given the above, is
> two outside SIP channels can connect but cannot pass traffic.  It
> would make sense to me if I couldn't already accept inbound/outbound
> SIP calls in some other way, but that isn't the case....
>
> Thoughts?  My sip.conf is below (edited slightly for privacy):

Might not be worth much, but I haven't seen a reply yet.

Have you forwarded port 5060 to Asterisk?  Have you forwarded the port
range specified in rtp.conf?  By default it is 10000 -> 20000, but I
change mine to 10000 -> 10005.

As for your [general] section, I would maybe try something like this:

> [general]
> port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
> context=sip-extensions
> externip = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> localnet = 192.168.1.0/24

localmask is no longer used.  Not sure if there is backwords
compatibility (and I'm doing this from memory, I don't have Asterisk
behind NAT anymore)

I don't know, maybe it will work, maybe it won't :)

HTH,
Leif Madsen
http://www.asteriskdocs.org