[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problems again

Charlie Hedlin charlie at hedlin.com
Mon Jul 26 09:59:46 MST 2004

Broadvoice isn't down, it works fine, just not with Asterisk, which for
most of us (myself included) means they might as well be down, but I
believe we all went to their service knowing this wasn't truely
supported.  I am starting to see why so many providers don't want to go
down this path, it has the tremendous potential to make them look bad.

Lets rally to get Asterisk some support for an outbound SIP proxy.  It
is interesting that James Jones from broadvoice just asked if Asterisk
supported it, especially after the messages I have sent.

Asterisk is a great product, but its sip support is incomplete.  Just
read about when using SRV records how it only uses the first IP, and now
we find the need for an outbound sip proxy.  This is open source, so I
am sure that this will happen quickly.  I may have to brush up on my
rusty programming skills if nothing else comes along.

Charlie