[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problems again

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 25 21:14:31 MST 2004

> I had my asterisk configuration working very well with broadvoice, but
> it stopped working this afternoon.
>
> I plugged the Cisco 7960 phone I used for my origional signup (just a
> few days before they offered generic BYOD) and it works fine.  I did
> notice it seems to do all of its comunication through
> proxy.broadvoice.com (I used tcpdump).  I have never contacted
> broadvoice about using asterisk (it seems their support is busy enough),
> and just downloaded the phones configuration file via tftp before the
> phone did.
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?

I just signed up with them yesterday and the config sheet they emailed
me indicates the registrar IP is sip.broadvoice.com, and the proxy IP
is proxy.broadvoice.com.

However, for the last hour or so their site has been unreachable with
an icmp destination unreachable coming from 199.232.42.62, which belongs
to Cambridge Entrepreneurial Network in Quincy MA. Would guess either
someone upgrading hardware or a failure near broadvoice.

Rich