[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problems again

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Sun Jul 25 22:35:45 MST 2004

radamson at routers.com (Rich Adamson) writes:
> However, for the last hour or so their site has been unreachable with
> an icmp destination unreachable coming from 199.232.42.62, which belongs
> to Cambridge Entrepreneurial Network in Quincy MA. Would guess either
> someone upgrading hardware or a failure near broadvoice.

I am having the same problem with sip.broadvoice.com.  My asterisk
/var/log/asterisk/messages has over 1200 lines of gripes about them
starting at "Jul 25 16:49:40 (PDT)" and continuing to the present.
Does broadvoice have a status page somewhere with real info on it.
(Like what is causing this extended outage?)

Ob-asterisk.  I should really see how hard it would be to hack
asterisk to register with all addresses if a hostname has multiple
aliases.  It seems that some of these outages could be weathered if
asterisk were to keep tabs on all the sip servers a provider offered,
and then actively uses whichever one was up and had the lowest
round-trip-delay.

-wolfgang
openbsd amd64 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ftp/asterisk-openbsd35.patch