[Asterisk-Users] Echo on a PRI

Thu Jul 22 17:01:01 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 23:16, Deon Rodden wrote:
> What do you mean does not support? I mean, it connected to the system fine
> and can place and receive calls.

No, I meant it will work, but won't be work optimally. (ie, probably you
will have bad echo).

> As far a legal issues, that would figure. There's such a tight lock around
> their phones and internet system it's crazy. Everything there is overpriced
> and they try to control/put limits on everything. VOIP would definately
> destroy their hold. I didn't intend on using this system for business use,
> just personal use as 9/10 of my large family resides in Australia. Ohh well,
> I guess I better disconnect the thing. Especially if I can't fix the echo
> issue.

*shrug* I know of a number of people who use the X100P in Aus... In fact,
I have never even heard of someone being charged for this type of offence.
I am not telling you it is alright (IANAL)...

If you want to use this system, then you should replace the X100P with
a TDM01B or similar, the TDM FXO modules properly support the local
impedance etc, and as such should drastically improve the echo problems
you are having.

At least, this is the stories I am hearing...

Regards,
Adam