[Asterisk-Users] Echo on a PRI

Ryan Thrash rthrash at studiovertex.com
Tue Jul 20 06:12:42 MST 2004

> I recently set up the following in a production system (2.8 GHZ Xeon,
> 1 Gig
> Memory, Dell 2650).
>
> Telco - PRI - Asterisk - T1 - PBX
>
> I am getting an occasional noticeable echo on some of the phone lines
> (random inbound and outbound).  Everyone I ask keeps telling me that I
> can't
> be having echo since I am on a PRI, which is a digital circuit.  Ok,
> so I
> can't be having echo, but I am!  Does anyone have any ideas of what
> might be
> causing the echo in this situation?

Welcome to the club. ;) You have the same exact problem I've got. The
only difference is I'm using dual Xeon 2.4s and a Supermicro
SuperWorkstation 7033A-T (X5DAL-TG2 motherboard
http://supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/E7505/X5DAL-TG2.cfm ).
Echo training=800 on a recent CVS helped, but did not totally resolve
the issue.

Best regards,
Ryan Thrash