[Asterisk-Users] Outbound Dialing Format

Paul Egger paul at egger.org
Thu Jul 22 16:27:35 MST 2004

I am new to asterisk and am hoping someone can point me in the right
direction, I have been working on this problem for some time with no
success.  I have a TE410P connected to our PBX using a single T1 interface.
The PBX sends calls to * using the featd format, passing both ANI and DNIS
(works perfectly).  However, when * attempts to make an outbound call on
this same T1, it appears to be attempting to dial in the featd format as
well.  I see many occurrences of "**" in the PBX logs indicating that
Asterisk is not simply dialing the dial string indicated but extra "*" as
well.  For example if I configure Asterisk to dial an empty dial string I
can monitor the T1 channel and hear Asterisk dialing the extra "**", and
they may be found in the PBX logs as well, even though Asterisk should have
not dialed anything.  So, is it possible to receive calls in featd and dial
just the digits in the dial string without any additional digits being added
on the same channels.  Sorry to be so long winded, thanks for your help.

Thanks for you help,

Paul

Zaptel.conf

span=1,1,0,d4,ami
e&m=1-24
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

Zapata.conf

[channels]
group=1
context=default
signalling=featd
channel => 1-24

extensions.conf

exten => 8835,1,Answer
exten => 8835,2,Dial,Zap/g1/<some phone #>
exten => 8835,3,Hangup