[Asterisk-Users] VSP? Looking for advice.

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Thu Jul 22 15:42:22 MST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Jason Hartman wrote:

> Has anyone tried using BroadVoice for VSP?  I have Asterisk configured
> for a home office & I've been trying to decide which VoIP provider to go

there are quite a number of BroadVoice users on the list. (myself
included)

You'll find find a lot of posts regarding setting up * with BV if you
search through the archives....
http://www.google.com/search?q=broadvoice+site:lists.digium.com will get
you started. Google doesn't always have up-to-the-minute list archives
indexed, so you may want to find an alternate source for searching past
posts.

> Also I'm not sure if BV will support multiple lines.  Any suggestions
> would be very appreciated.

call and talk to them. They know we're out here; I know at least one of
their support guys monitors this list and uses * himself. Don't expect
them to set up your * box, because they won't, but as long as you're up to
the task of configuring things how you want them, they'll provide the
service.

> I am currently spending around $50 a month with Vonage.  My intention

look for posts in the archive from Jay Milk re vonage's softphone. He's
got some interesting stuff set up with that.

a final note.. while searching through the archives, look for messages
regarding starting a new topic as a reply to a message (instead of
actually creating a new thread by composing a new message) and similar
list expectations.. You can choose not to, but your posts would likely be
ignored by many of the more knowledgeable people on the list.

good luck!

Greg