[Asterisk-Users] Large Enterprises using asterisk

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Thu Jul 22 15:12:22 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 10:16, Sunrise Ltd wrote:
> Michael Little wrote:
>
> >Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to use Linux.
>
> While I don't disagree with your comments in general, I
> take issue with the notion that Asterisk automatically
> means Linux.
[snip]

> Perhaps it is time to think about getting a hint from the
> Apache folks and represent Asterisk on the official
> website as
>
> "Asterisk - the number one open source PBX on the
> internet"
>
> and "an effort to develop and maintain an open-source
> telephony server for UNIX based operating systems
> including Linux and BSD."
[snip]

I agree!  This would be an excellent way to market Asterisk.  We're
working with a marketing company at the moment to develop
marketing/sales materials and to generate interest in our company.  What
you've stated above about Asterisk sounds like a PERFECT way to sell
Asterisk to the masses.

My two cents.

Regards,

Ranbir