[Asterisk-Users] Anyone heard of BroadVox direct?

Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy dwelch at phoneboy.com
Wed Jul 21 23:58:37 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 21:42, Jay Milk wrote:
> Just received:
>
> Cognigen is very proud to announce the official launch
> of Broadvox Direct, a new VOIP service.

Broadvox (http://www.broadvox.net) sells the service directly, and has
since March of 2004 I believe. Cognigen is simply a reseller of said
service. A number of other VoIP providers private-label Broadvox service
in one form or another.

I have used their service since December of 2003 (kind of a beta
tester). Initially, they shipped the SPA-2000, but are about to start
shipping their new DTA which is based on the Mediatrix 2012. I've been
beta testing their new DTA and, at least in the ways I use, it works
really well. Supports faxes and analog modems too, which is a bonus.

They are not Asterisk friendly in the sense they require ATAs and won't
provide credentials.  At the moment, I have the SPA-2000 plugged into
the FXO port on my SPA-3000 so it goes into my Asterisk server. I'll
swap it for the new DTA once they move my phone number over to it. :)

-- PhoneBoy