[Asterisk-Users] Re: Help needed for Seting Up Asterisk

Stefan Tichy asterisk at pi4tel.de
Wed Jul 21 14:37:21 MST 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:04:58PM +0200, Beierlein Moritz wrote:
> My idea was i set up a Asterisk-System and i will put in an ISDN Card
> where I can plug a ISDN Phone, I will have to use an ISDN card with the NT-Mode.

HFC (Cologne Chip) cards can be used.

> I will use Asterisk behind a NAT Router.

Did you read this:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+SIP+NAT+solutions

And:

"The localnet/externip settings of sip.conf permit Asterisk to
operate behind certain types of NATs. However, it requies that the
external IP be known and set manually in the Asterisk configuration.
More importantly, the localnet/externip settings do not solve the
problem of Asterisk. behind a port translating (Full Cone) NAT."
(copied from http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+SIP+NAT+solutions )

> If the Internetconnection interrupts the Asterisk has to wait 20 seconds,
> then has to register at the SIP-Provider.

Asterisk does not detect this, but you can choose a small value for
registration expiry.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+extensions.conf

--
Stefan Tichy   <asterisk at pi4tel.de>