[Asterisk-Users] ENUM lookup help

Marty Mastera mmastera at m3resources.com
Wed Jul 21 12:14:13 MST 2004

Hello everyone,

I playing around with ENUM and have configured * to query a few sources
for testing purposes (fierymoon, e164.arpa, e164.org).  I'd like to know
if there is a way to query these servers manually (ie outside of
asterisk via nslookup or equivalent) to find out if particular exchanges
are listed with wildcards, so as to terminate calls to those prefixes
(I'm not trying to query for specific end-user telephone numbers).  I've
seen the syntax of the NAPTR records indicating that an '*' represents
the wildcard but I'm not sure how to manually query using one...I've
tried nslookup, directed at e164.org and using queries like '800',
'1800', '800*', '1800*' with no luck (I used a toll free prefix hoping
that it be likely to offer a response....

If this isn't possible, is there a resource available dedicated to
listing prefixes available via ENUM for the purposes of low cost
routing?

Thanks,

Marty