[Asterisk-Users] Queue Monitoring

Wed Jul 21 05:38:38 MST 2004

I've recently enabled monitoring (recording) of incoming calls that
arrive in the queue (all calls come in through the queue) using the
config options in queues.conf.

However, it seems that as soon as the call is placed on
hold/transferred, the monitoring stops. I would like to know if it is
possible to either:

a) Stop recording as it does now, but automatically commence recording
again when the call leaves the queue (to a different file).

b) Even better, pause the recording, and start recording again once the
channel has been picked up again. This is a bit challenging because the
channel that picks up the call may not be the same channel that answered
the call from the queue. Of course, this is the preferred option, as one
call equals one sound file.

c) Just continue recording the on-hold music, for the incoming leg, and
silence in the other 'legs' file. When the call is picked up, continue
recording the call, and 'attach' the other legs file to this new
channel. We need to record the silence in the leg that initiated the
transfer so that the two files will match time-wise.

Otherwise, it is quite simple to avoid the monitoring of calls by simply
parking and re-picking up the call.

Regards,
Adam