[Asterisk-Users] Echo on a PRI

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jul 20 14:10:31 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 13:01, David Goldfein wrote:
> Thanks Everyone!
>
> I appreciate all the feed back.
>
> Right now I am using a Digium T400P card and my system, although it is fast,
> has a slight load, about 15% due to some mysql activity.
>
> I know that Digium as a new card the TE410P.  Does anyone have any
> experience in the new card and is the speed difference likely to help with
> the echo?
>
> Also, if I put in a second processor, is that likely to help with the echo?

Our only PSTN touching asterisk machine uses a T400P card on a 1200Mhz
PIII on a supermicro machine. The majority of our calls are PRI to a T1
into ADIT600 and into an old Dialogic based system. No echo there. Next
most calls are redirected from the PRI back to the PRI for connection to
some analog phones. Again, no echo. A few calls are passed from PRI to a
IAX connection that travels 12 or so hops and land on a cheaply built
machine with a T100P card and a Zhone channel bank. Lots of delay, but
no echo.

All this to say, I would worry about your 15% load on mysql. Treat you
machine right by removing the mysql load and see if it fixes your
problem.

Since you have put mysql with that load on the same machine as your PBX,
I would about bet you have IDE drives too. It may well be that your
mysql load itself is not much, but the IDE load on top of mysql causes
even more delay than is tolerable.