[Asterisk-Users] DID VoIP trunk provider for metro Chicago, LA and/or Orlando.

Carmi Weinzweig carmi-asterisk-users at jimiscool.com
Tue Jul 20 09:14:52 MST 2004

I am looking for a provider that will provide an equivalent of DID/DOD
trunks via IAX, IAX2 or SIP using numbers in Metro Chicago (prefer
Skokie), LA (prefer West Hollywood or Venice), and/or Orlando (prefer
Winter Garden). If I can migrate some of my existing numbers using LNP,
that would be even better, but it is not a requirement.

While I know that there are several companies that will terminate VoIP
number using these protocols, none offers a functional equivalent of
ILEC DID service. From my ILEC, I can purchase one or more DID trunks
and a block of phone numbers (usually for between $0.01 and $0.10 a
number). I can receive as many calls simultaneously as I have trunks,
after that callers receive a busy signal.

All VoIP trunk providers that I have found, want to charge me several
dollars per phone number, but will allow me unlimited incoming calls
per number.

I want many phone numbers so that each phone in my facility has its own
phone number, but I really do not need that many simultaneous calls and
it would be cost prohibitive to pay several dollars for each phone
number.

Thanks in advance.

/carmi