[Asterisk-Users] Echo on a PRI

Ryan Thrash rthrash at studiovertex.com
Tue Jul 20 06:22:06 MST 2004

> I recently set up the following in a production system (2.8 GHZ Xeon,
> 1 Gig
> Memory, Dell 2650).
>
> Telco - PRI - Asterisk - T1 - PBX
>
> I am getting an occasional noticeable echo on some of the phone lines
> (random inbound and outbound).  Everyone I ask keeps telling me that I
> can't
> be having echo since I am on a PRI, which is a digital circuit.  Ok,
> so I
> can't be having echo, but I am!  Does anyone have any ideas of what
> might be
> causing the echo in this situation?

Oops. I need to correct my last post: I don't have the PBX in the mix.
My config is dual Xeon 2.4s, 1GB RAM, HW SATA RAID, SuperMicro
X5DAL-TG2 motherboard connected to:

Telco - PRI (T100P) - Asterisk - SIP Phones (Budgetones 102s/Snom 200)

The premise is still the same though: echo present despite our digital
PRI that *should* make this impossible. It's usually only echo on our
side when calling out as has been discussed here previously ad nauseum
with no one being able to really figure out its source. I wish I knew
where to really start poking around to try to help get to the bottom of
this.

Best regards,
Ryan Thrash