[Asterisk-Users] call progress detection

Stephen David steve at davidnj.net
Sun Jul 18 18:38:34 MST 2004

Hello,

I haven't seen any recent posts on call progress detection, so here's a question:

How would one accomplish an automated outbound dialing application using *, whereby a requirement is to wait for the greeting to complete (live person, answering machine, voicemail) before delivering the message?  For example, playing a 'reminder' message to a list of recipients.  I know its possible using telephony boards (ie. Dialogic/Intel), but don't know about *.

I have experimented with callprogress=yes in zapata.conf, but not sure if that was intended to cover what i describe above.

Regards,
Steve