[Asterisk-Users] call progress detection

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Jul 18 18:53:06 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 20:38, Stephen David wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I haven't seen any recent posts on call progress detection, so here's
> a question:
>
> How would one accomplish an automated outbound dialing application
> using *, whereby a requirement is to wait for the greeting to complete
> (live person, answering machine, voicemail) before delivering the
> message?  For example, playing a 'reminder' message to a list of
> recipients.  I know its possible using telephony boards (ie.
> Dialogic/Intel), but don't know about *.
>
> I have experimented with callprogress=yes in zapata.conf, but not sure
> if that was intended to cover what i describe above.

callprogress is to detect pickup, ringing, hangup, and busy signal on
analog lines that don't support a complex enough signalling to support a
computer on the other side.

What you need is something like a ecording looking for silence post
answer. AGI supports record with silence detection. Once you detect the
specified amount of silence, you can play your message.