[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 500 Voicemail

Wiley E. Siler wsiler at e2020inc.com
Sun Jul 18 16:53:21 MST 2004

Hello All,
I have some Polycom IP 500 phones that I would like to have configured
for direct dialing to our voice mail system.  So far I have been unable
to get the hard button labeled Voice Mail to connect to Asterisk without
first passing through the message center prompts.  I have followed all
the Admin Guide instructions regarding the phones .cfg files and using
up.bypassInstantMessage="1" up.oneTouchVoicemail="1" in the XML to no
avail.  Has anyone been able to get a Polycom 500 to use the hardbutton
to retrieve voice mail and drop directly into voice mail without going
through all the menus?

Thanks,
Wiley