[Asterisk-Users] Re: Updated Grandstream configurator

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Fri Jul 16 00:21:04 MST 2004

> Sorry about the delay getting back to you about the object creation
> error indicated in the snapshot. I am almost certain that the error is
> deriving from the creation of http objects by winhttp.dll.  Microsoft's
> implementation of HTTP stuff for VB is really lame.

Rewrite the app in Delphi. In Delphi, it's quite easy to write an app
without Active-X, where all is compiled into the Program. HTTP access
from inside Delphi is really no problem.

This way you get one EXE file that you can deploy onto Win95, Win98,
WinXT, Win2000, WinWhatever.

And: older versions of Delphi are even free :-)