[Asterisk-Users] Re: Updated Grandstream configurator

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Thu Jul 15 15:08:44 MST 2004

Maron Kristófersson wrote:

> and the attachment is here :)
>
> Maron Kristófersson wrote:
>
>> I'm very close to making this work in the crossover wine emulator on
>> linux.  Currently I am getting an error when trying to download the
>> config directly from an ip address.  See attached snapshot for details.

Maron,

Sorry about the delay getting back to you about the object creation
error indicated in the snapshot. I am almost certain that the error is
deriving from the creation of http objects by winhttp.dll.  Microsoft's
implementation of HTTP stuff for VB is really lame. I couldn't make the
standard HTTP control work at all with the Grandstreams, and winhttp
would only work bug free with post operations. Get operations were
transmitted, but crashed the program if I tried to access any of the
data that was supposedly returned.  It doesn't surprise me that
emulation of the winhttp's object creation also fails. This also means
that the phone reboot code will fail, since I also create an http object
for each booting phone.  One thing you should check is to make sure that
winhttp.dll is in fact supported by wine and that you have the support
installed.

I wish I had better suggestions. Is there any way to splice a different
http handler onto the program using "wine"? One possibility is to scrap
the winhttp com object altogether and write the http code using the
c/c++ interface from VB, which doesn't use object creation. This would
make programming the http stuff a lot harder, but might avoid the
problem.  Then again, if winhttp is not supported by wine, this won't
help.  I'll keep thinking about it, but for now, I'm at a loss.

Steve Besch