[Asterisk-Users] CISCO 7960G FIRMWARE

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 02:02:47 MST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:08:41 +0200, Michael Devenijn
<michael.devenijn at dkma.be> wrote:

> --- example B ---
> You first have to push new call before dialing a number.
> this seems to be a detail but 1° why ? and 2° try to migrate users from another system ...

I don't know how your handsets are setup, but I have *never* had to do
that with my 7940/7960 phones (unless using speakerphone, in which
case it's either "New Call" or the speaker button).

I simply pick up the phone and dial away. Because I have a dialplan
setup, the phones sense when enough digits have been dialed and sends
the call immediately.

All people need to remember here is to dial 0 before the external
number. My 80 year old Grandmother has even used the Cisco phones with
no problems, and she hasn't even used a computer before.

-Shaun