[Asterisk-Users] CISCO 7960G FIRMWARE

Michael Devenijn Michael.Devenijn at dkma.be
Thu Jul 15 01:08:41 MST 2004

I have to agree that the hardware is fanatastic ... but the functionality is rather poor

--- example A ---
receive call A
answer A
Receive call B
answer B
You can't link/transfer these 2 damned calls.

--- example B ---
You first have to push new call before dialing a number.
this seems to be a detail but 1° why ? and 2° try to migrate users from another system ...
--- example C ---
an a bit of a proffesional phone transfering a call should be easy and possible in all times :
first push "more" and then "transfer" .... again why ???
You only can transfer if you prepared your transfer !

I tend to suspect Cisco not to fine tune their phones for SIP because they are a bit scarry ... for their callmanager ?

Give me a combination of the HArdware of cisco and the software of a Snom200 and THAT would be a GREAT phone !

Michael