[Asterisk-Users] Applications of TDMoE "critch"

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jul 13 15:23:33 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 14:54, Juan Cardenas wrote:
> Might as well shut down the asterisk-users lists...
> Everytime someone is new to Asterisk and asks a question on here, they
> get slammed by some lame response with that "attitude" that just makes the
> person feel bad
> and not want to participate in the list anymore.

Are you a grade schooler unable to deal with a blunt constructive
critisism? What you had asked for was for someone to write you a
document because you where unwilling to do your own distiliation of the
currently available facts.

Quit being lazy and please use the effort many people have already put
forth for you.

Once you have spent some time looking over what has already been written
you will be able to ask a directed question that may not have been
covered multiple time previously and will contribute to the overall
knowledge base. Asking for someone to regurgitate what has come through
the list already doesn't help anything but the lazy person asking the
question THIS time.

>  I in some sort of twisted
> way understand that
> thats your way of teaching the people the proper use of a users list... but
> please:

Yes, proper use of a user list isn't in answering the lazy annoying
peoples questions. It is about helping people who are helping
themselves. If you want to continue being lazy, pay someone to do it for
you. There are many consultants around that will gladly take your money
and make a working system for you. Go visit the digium site or the wiki
and choose one.

> "Start here and then ask a real question."
>
> Give me a break.

Give your self a break. The information is in plain view, use it.