[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk crashing with no indication why.

Daniel Daley dan at chameleoncode.jp
Mon Jul 12 18:40:54 MST 2004

On Jul 12, 2004, at 3:09 PM, TC wrote:

> say hello to app_noQ and chan_deadlock :)
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20debugging
>
> I might be wrong about chan_deadlock but i am pretty sure yiou have
> dead lock situation might be cause by manager blocking all else...
> try the dead lock debug to see if tou can id when threads are
> competing for
> the same
> locks

I have been rolling that idea over in my head all day too. I went
through my manager code today to try and optimize it to handle things
more gracefully just in case. Unfortunately I'm not really able to shut
down the daemon since it's required for the system to work, so I've got
asterisk recompiled with thread debugging and am gonna be ready when it
happens again if I don't have a solution by then I suppose. Have you
come across anything that you know will cause deadlocks for sure in the
manager? I read the wiki manager experience material but I think it's a
little dated with the current cvs version.

Thanks,

--Daniel Daley--
dan at chameleoncode.jp