[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk crashing with no indication why.

Daniel Daley dan at chameleoncode.jp
Tue Jul 13 06:17:27 MST 2004

On Jul 12, 2004, at 7:37 PM, TC wrote:

>>> one to get the status of the queues, and one  to get the status of
> agents.
> Would one of these commands happen to be show queues or show agents

Yep, actually both of those commands.

> because this guys do a compelete lock on the agents and the queues
> lists
> then they lock the individual nodes when it prints those dtls
> every time it loops to read that info,

Is there a better way possibly to retrieve this information? We use it
to determine which of our agents are logged in and how many calls we
have pending in each queue, aside from reinventing the wheel by
creating our own queue app or adding hooks into the existing one making
it a pain to upgrade I haven't come up with any way but to poll these
constantly. Maybe someone is doing something similar and could give me
a tip on the best way to go about this?

> when you get your next deadlock do this
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20debugging
> and see if you are in a "_pthread_wait_for_restart_signal".
> look back down the bt for each thread & see if you typically have
> any calls to chan_agent.c-> agents_show or app_queue.c->__queues_show

I've got my debugging enabled, so I guess I'll just have to wait now
for it to happen again. I'm hoping that it does at least show something
held up in the bt.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I'll post as soon as it goes down
again with the results of the bt. If there's anything else I should
look for I'd be most grateful for the information.

Thanks again,

--Daniel Daley--
dan at chameleoncode.jp