SIP simultaneous registry possible workaround (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous registry)

Youness El Andaloussi Youness at ElAndaloussi.net
Mon Jul 12 08:40:52 MST 2004

This may sound like a stupid work around, but how about registering
different extensions and putting both of them in the Dial String (so they
would ring at once) and giving both extensions the same caller id?

I do something with my zaptel and x lite phones... I assign them both the
same number and they both come out as the same caller ID.  All lines that
you want will ring, plus outgoing caller ID will be what you want it to be.
This gives you also the possibility to have one line which will never be
busy. You pu

I hope this helps,

Youness

ie: