[Asterisk-Users] feature - VM gain adjust?

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Mon Jul 12 07:31:08 MST 2004

What about a "post processor" that performs Compression/Normalization on
the recorded voice mail file?

On the down side I can see this being a big CPU hog if you are handling
a huge amount of calls and trying to normalize a 5 minute long voicemail
at the same time.

On the upside you don't have to concern yourself determining line loss
or similar things. You also wouldn't have to worry about what I call the
"Seinfeld Syndrome": quit talker / loud talker issues. You would just
have two new variables in voicemail.conf - normalization=yes or no and
another to set the db value.

-Seth