[Asterisk-Users] feature - VM gain adjust?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jul 12 05:46:07 MST 2004

> > Are you suggesting such a thing exists, or that that would be a
> > proposed future application?
>
> I propose to think if an AGC / dynamic compressor could be used instead of
> a config variable.
>
> Most sound editors have modules for this.

So how would you detect the remote caller is 14.7 db away from *
and adjust the 'outbound' voice message to be at some higher
audio level?

I like the AGC approach, but I'm not sure its realistic in terms of
consistently being able to identify the transmission loss from
each and every vm call. Since we know what the loss is for each
pstn line (to the central office), it would appear that static
value would be a good starting point and the user could adjust from
there. Much easier (and more likely) to implement.