[Asterisk-Users] VoIP hackers gut Caller ID

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Jul 7 17:28:50 MST 2004

The switches already support this. In most parts of the world an end
user trunk can only use a caller ID within their allocated blocks of
numbers. Attempts to use other caller IDs usually result in the call
being rejected. In some cases it results in the call completing, but the
receiver sees a default caller ID for the sub who initiated the call,
rather than the one the sub tried to use.

Regards,
Steve