[Asterisk-Users] TDM FXO port remains offhook

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jul 7 09:08:57 MST 2004

> > Not having any such problems here with TDM card (CVS-HEAD-07/01/04).
> > Earlier code had various issues, however the code (and card) have been
> > very stable.
> >

> I guess I've been unlucky with my cards ; in the past 2 weeks it has
> happened twice: asterisk thinks that both FXS port are offhook.
> restarting asterisk fix the problem.
>
> I also have the issue of wrong DTMF being sent

Since there seems to be multiple users having TDM problems (and at least
some that don't), let's see if we can narrow down the problem.
Restarting asterisk doesn't 'fix' the problem, its only a short-term
bypass. Since I'm not having any problems (as of right now) in the
US with 4-FXO modules, are the current problems:
 - related to country/location (indications, etc)?
 - mixture of FXS & FXO modules on the same TDM card?
 - cvs version dependent?
 - are the /etc/zaptel.conf entries reasonable?
 - any log or cli output that might give a clue?
 - etc.

I've noticed in the past the unloading and reloading the wcfxs, zaptel,
etc, drivers creates instability after xx attempts. xx can be anything
from two to ten attempst. And, using
 make config (from within zaptel src directory)
 'service zaptel stop' followed by 'service zaptel start'
doesn't seem to do any better.

For those with the issues, might post some/all of the above, and/or
enter a bug to track the correlations.

Rich