[Asterisk-Users] Kerry/Edwards campaign and VOIP

Bill Merriam lists at billmerriam.com
Tue Jul 6 17:52:32 MST 2004

I am trying find a way to help the local Kerry campaign and it occurs to
me that VOIP and Asterisk could be a big help.  I have never worked on a
presidential campaign before but I think they must be very telephone
call intensive.  Using VOIP to connect local, regional and national
campaign offices and to keep volunteers in touch with each other would
save lots of money that could be spent on other things.

Unfortunately anything that would be useful has to happen very quickly.
Does anybody think it would be possible to build and ship preconfigured
* servers to local campaigns quickly?  Would it make more sense to use
preconfigured ATA's from somebody like FWD or Sipphone?   Is it too late
to look at this?

Thanks.
Bill