[Asterisk-Users] recording an on-going call

C. Maj cmaj-SPAM at freedomcorpse.com
Wed Jul 7 08:14:37 MST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, lenz waxed:

> Hello list,
> I wonder if this is possible with Asterisk:
>   - While talking through Asterisk, I would like a client to start
> recording a call by typing, say, #99#
>
> I know it is possible to do it using an external monitoring application,
> but I want to know if it's possible to have Asterisk silently monitoring
> an on-going call and responding to DTMF tones within it. How do things
> like call forwarding work with Asterisk? (I could not find much on the
> docs)
>
> Thank you
> l.

Unless you hack the Dial application, it is not possible to
listen for arbitrary DTMF.  I think the only DTMF you can do
something with in the stream is '#'; provided you supply the
't' or 'T' options to Dial.  That would initiate a transfer,
and then you could rig up some extensions magic to begin the
monitoring.

Or you could try taking a look at the manager interface, if
by 'typing' you meant computer keyboard and not telephone
keypad.  That would have the advantage of not playing music
on hold to the caller while transfering to a recording mode.
There would be no interruption in the call at all.

--Chris

--
Chris Maj, Rochester
cmaj_at_freedomcorpse_dot_com