[Asterisk-Users] New CVS for patch...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Tue Jul 6 08:44:42 MST 2004

Jay Milk wrote:

> Of course I know that I should based my modification on the
> latest-available code, but I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade my WORKING
> asterisk to the latest CVS.  Can I rename my asterisk-dir in /usr/src to
> something different, then check out the latest CVS, make my changes, and
> if it doesn't work, revert to my working version?  Or will Make and its
> friends throw me for a loop?

You can check out another copy of the CVS code into a directory using
the "-d" parameter to the CVS checkout command. Do your work in there,
and produce a patch that can be sent upstream.

You'll still have to figure out how to get the patch working with your
older version, though, if you want to stick with that version.