[Asterisk-Users] X100P problem

Shaun Dawson bigchiefscd at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 07:51:53 MST 2004

Much thanks to those of you who are following this
thread.  The information has been most helpful.

Here's an update for those who are interested.  I
unplugged everything from every phone line, and tried
it all again, and it worked!

It worked for about 5 hours.  Then, I started to get
phantom incoming phone calls that * would answer.  The
console would indicate that the channel was ringing
between 2 and 5 times, and then it would answer, and
start going through its speil.  As far I I could tell,
nothing changed on my end to cause that to happen.  I
was the only one in the building the entire time, so
it's not like someone could have plugged in a phone
without me knowing about it.

At this point, I gave up working on it, unplugged *,
and plugged everything else back in until Monday
morning.

On Monday morning, I got the same behaviour, with the
phantom phone calls.  After much troubleshooting, I
finally, changed the card out of the machine (I have
two cards), made a call out with a regular phone to
make sure everything was working properly, rebooted
the machine, and once I verified again that there was
nothing plugged into the phone line, plugged * back
in.  At this point, everything worked fine for as long
as I was playing with it, which was about 30 minutes.

That's where everything stands at the moment.  The
line that it was plugged into may have been a 4 wire
line, so the next thing I'm going to try is to isolate
that.

I'm at least a little bit comforted that people don't
seem to be having these types of problems all over the
place.  I feel like if I can get it working, then I
won't have strange problems after that.

Any additional comments or suggestions by people who
have had any experience playing with the X100P cards
would be most welcome.

thanks,
  Shaun