[Asterisk-Users] How to differentiate incoming calls with grandstream phone

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Tue Jul 6 04:52:46 MST 2004

Hello

I've finally made the switch from our old PABX (NEC) to an Asterisk
based server.

I've configured zapatel to go into an "incoming" profile

it gets into:
extension => s,1,Dial(SIP/phone1&SIP/phone2&SIP/phone3... etc..

So when there's an incoming call, all phones rings then it goes into a
specific voicemail etc...

The problem is that it's impossible to tell weither it's an incoming
call from outside (through a TMB03 card) or a called transfer from
another SIP phone, the grandstream 101 phone only shows: TR1 (or
something like that it's hard to tell with this display).

Is there a way to configure either Asterisk or this phone to show a
different display depending on the origin of the call?

Thank you
Jean-Yves