[Asterisk-Users] How to differentiate incoming calls with grandstream phone

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Tue Jul 6 05:08:14 MST 2004

Hi,

On 06/07/2004, at 9:52 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> the grandstream 101 phone only shows: TR1 (or something like that it's
> hard to tell with this display).

I had this problem for a while - the phone is actually displaying the
work "asterisk" in lower case - but it can't.

The GrandStream 101's display the number part of the caller id on their
display. So - you can get around this by setting the caller id before
you dial the extension.

> Is there a way to configure either Asterisk or this phone to show a
> different display depending on the origin of the call?

How you go about differentiating - that's a bit harder - but you could
set the caller id in your incoming context, and set it when you
transfer to a specific extension from the local context... or use a
goto statement based on the ${CHANNEL} variable... I haven't got this
working.

Also - try setting callerid = "Name" <number> in the sip.conf file for
each of the phones.

Andrew

Andrew Yager
Real World Technology Solutions