[Asterisk-Users] Pager Notification

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Thu Jul 1 11:53:32 MST 2004

> Does Asterisk support pager notification of new voicemails out of the
> box?  Or do I need an AGI script to do that?

Yes, asterisk supports both email and pager notification out of the box.
This is actually pretty flexible, since you can customize the content of the
emails to be whatever you want (e.g. some phones support two-way text
messaging).

> Also, if I want to call a number from an automated program in
> Asterisk
> and get the DTMF tones entered by the user on the other side,
> is there
> an easy way to do this?

Yes, this is possible. You would use the outgoing call API to make the call
and then use a combination of Sleep(), SendDTMF() and Background() to do the
actual work. Personally, I'd use an AGI script to do this so that I could
fine-tune the operation.

--Ernest