[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID Presentment on PRI...

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Jan 31 08:29:33 MST 2004

> What I am wondering is whether a PRI has to have some feature turned on
> in order to inject the textual Caller ID name data, or whether this is
> just how PRI's work in general.  And if so, who controls the reverse
> mapping, and how does that work with CLEC phone numbers, etc?

Nope -- that's how PSTN-connected PRIs work -- you send the #, they map the
name and display that.  The only way you're going to be able to set the
textual CID information is if you're trunking to your own equipment (i.e.
trunking to a Nortel Meridian system or something to that effect)

Regards,
Andrew