[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk act like a normal sip phone?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Jan 30 07:21:26 MST 2004

[This starts to look very off-topic for the -users list, which is why
I've proposed on several occasions a -biz list, but since there is no
-biz list, I'll continue this thread here.]

I currently do not have German as a language at my command, and there
are no English translations on the sipgate pages.  I am wondering if
one of the more bi-lingual members of the list here could translate
the product offerings for me.  I am looking for a phone number in .de
that will map by ENUM (and of course, by PSTN-to-SIP) to one of my *
servers.

I have family who communicate regularly with people in .de and other
nations in Western Europe, and I'd like to give them the people in
Europe who are not Internet-savvy a way to reach us without overseas
toll charges.  At the same time, I'd also like to have an EU
"presence" for my own reasons.

If someone could provide the quick summary and costs for such a
service from sipgate, that would be great.

JT