[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk act like a normal sip phone?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 30 06:43:28 MST 2004

Hi!

> just signed up and it works like a charm. :-)
> They even support g711 :) and multiple channels :)
>
> make sure you have in sip.conf:
> register => XXXX:YYYY at sipgate.de/<extension in your context>

Their tech support just told me that it takes a while until a registered
user becomes available to the signaling server. I tried yesterday, SIP
registration worked fine, but dialing failed with 404 (not found) or 484
(address incomplete).

Anyway, the nice thing is that you can use ENUM to call sipgate users.
And they have a freely accessible FWD and IAXtel gateway as well in D
(Düsseldorf) and UK.

Cheers, Philipp